Calvary Christian College began in 1984 with a small group of enthusiastic primary students, parents and teachers in two temporary buildings on a shady hillside at Springwood. The College commenced under the name Logan Uniting Primary School and operated under the governance of Logan Uniting Church. From these humble beginnings the College has steadily increased in student numbers, staffing levels, services and facilities. We now have two campuses serving approximately 1200 students from Pre-Prep to Year Twelve.
The second campus at Carbrook, known as Calvary Christian College, opened in 1992 on a former rural property adjacent to the Logan River. The new campus was established to offer both primary and secondary programs with the first Year Twelve class graduating in 1996.
In January 2000 the two campuses took the same name, Calvary Christian College, and adopted the motto, Learning in the Light of Christ, and a new logo.
A middle schooling program commenced in 2002 and developed over time to include a formal Middle School at Carbrook in January 2005. The Middle School consists of students in Years Seven to Nine under the direction of a Director of Middle School.
A trial Preparatory class commenced at Carbrook in 2004 and this has led to the establishment of a full Preparatory program with two classes on each campus since 2006. An early childhood education centre, Kingdom Kids, was established at Carbrook in 2007 to cater for toddlers to Pre-Prep children. In 2015 a Pre-Prep program will commence under the Calvary name at Springwood - previously known as C&K.